‘Your Park’ is a programme to enhance the visitor experience in Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park and to improve our most cherished lochshores. This is a National Park, so it is yours to enjoy and respect regardless of whether you come to our lochshores to camp, to go for a walk, swimming, kayaking or simply to enjoy a picnic.
Following approval by our Board in October 2014 we conducted a 12-week consultation seeking views on our proposals to take action in these areas so that we:
- Protect and conserve the area’s beauty, habitats and wildlife for future generations
- Ensure a variety of visitors can come and enjoy our lochshores
- Reduce the types of behaviour, damage and pollution that ruins other visitors’ and residents’ enjoyment
- Deliver a wider range of opportunities to camp across the National Park so visitors are provided with a better camping experience with the right type of facilities
- Provide opportunities for local businesses to flourish
- Ensure that people know how to truly ‘wild camp’ without leaving a trace of their visit.
We believe that this will allow other visitors to enjoy these popular beauty spots and help protect the environment for future generations to enjoy.
The Your Park consultation closed on 12 January 2015 and recommendations presented to our Board at a meeting on 27 April were unanimously approved. The papers for this meeting can be found here.